You are 20 mins away from making a batch of healthy quick and simple biscuits!
One Saturday morning I woke up and suddenly feel like making homemade breakfast, and not the Bacon and Egg kind more like fluffy pancakes kind, but that’s BF’s specialty. I quickly look up online and found the 3-Ingredient Coconut Oil Biscuits by Gimme Some Oven. Thinking it only takes 20 minutes and takes only 3 ingredients, how hard can it be I can have this breakfast on the table in no time.
It took more than 20 minutes, and more than 3 ingredients only because I don’t have self-rising flour and I like to read my recipe over and over again. Needless to say, it was very simple and delicious I ate it with my homemade blueberry jam from the summer.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tea spoon baking powder
- 1 tea spoon salt
- ¼ cup solid coconut oil (not melted)
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup Cranberries (or any kinds of dry fruits)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together until blended in a mixing bowl. Add solid coconut oil to dry ingredients in a stand mixer and beat until the mixture is like fine crumbs. Stir in the milk until mixture forms a soft dough and no longer sticks to the side of the bowl.
- Take the dough out on to a table and knead the mixture a bit and add in the cranberries and continue kneading until well combined, but don’t over knead. (You can also do everything by hand without a mixer, I just prefer not to get my hands sticky.)
- Roll the dough out on a lightly dust table until it reaches a 1/2 –inch thickness. Use a circle cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits, and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the biscuits have risen and slightly golden on top. Serve immediately.
- You can also do everything by hand without a mixer, I just prefer not to get my hands sticky.